Skip to main content

Ribbon Quilt Masterpiece

Okay, it might not be a perfect masterpiece. But I thought for my first ribbon quilt it turned out very nice. The important thing is that my friend Cathie who I made it for absolutely loved it! I used a star pattern to stitch in the ditch and it came out really nice on the black backing fabric. Check it out below! I think it's beautiful.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My New Favorite Toy!

I decided to try my hand at using the rulers with my Handi-quilter. I was very nervous at first. The longarm is still new to me. I've mastered loops, but need to add to my arsenal of patterns. So...I watched a YouTube video (my go to "how to" site) and decided I would stitch in the ditch using the straight side of the ruler. It is really hard to stitch a straight line on the longarm without help.  How hard can it be with the help of a ruler??? It was the easiest thing to learn! I started slowly, but as I gained confidence, I got a little faster.  Unfortunately, I got over confident and accidentally tried to sew straight through the ruler! Besides sewing through my fingernail, it was one of the scariest thing to happen to me! (Maybe I should have stopped and gone to bed sooner!) The machine set off a loud alarm, the needle snapped (thank goodness the thread was threaded or it would have flown off...possibly toward my face) and I had this horrible thought that I had just ...

Just in time for graduation!

I finished another graduation quilt!!! It's for a good friend of mine's son. And good thing too. He graduates in two weeks! It's the best one that I've made so far! I did black and gold sashing for Vanderbilt colors. I also embroidered "Vanderbilt university" on top and "Commodores" on the bottom border. The finished quilt is 96 inches wide x 130 inches long.  You may be wondering why it's so long. Nick is 6 foot 7 inches tall. So it should cover him nicely! Happy quilting y'all!

A kind, humble man

I haven't posted for over a week because my father in law got very sick and passed away on March 15.  He died from complications of COPD, emphysema and congestive heart.  I want to tell you about him. First of all, he loved his family.  He wasn't touchy, feely, huggy...but he loved us.  I think he always enjoyed a good hug.  But we had to come hug him.  He wouldn't come hug us first.  He told my husband once that I was special and he should be good to me.  I never let my husband forget that.  I think it's because I have an engineering degree and work in the same defense industry he did for so many years.  We had a quiet connection...mutual admiration as my mom told me.  I made him his favorite peanut butter pie for any and every occasion...any excuse I could think of, I would make him that pie. He probably shouldn't have had it, but I figured if I could give him something he enjoyed, then I would do it.  I usually made two so...