Skip to main content

Another Gift Delivered

I finished the quilt for my friend, Donna, who is recovering from pancreatic cancer. She has been through so much and I just wanted to wrap her up in love and support. She didn't want her picture taken, so I can't share with you my strong, brave friend. She cried and said she couldn't believe I had taken the time to make the quilt for her. But I couldn't think of a better way to show her that I love her and am here supporting her as she goes through this awful journey. It's been hard to know what to do for her. So this little gift seemed perfect. 

The quilt itself is a version of the rail fence pattern. I used a jelly roll to make it. Using precut jelly rolls, charm packs, layer cakes...I think someone was hungry when they made up these names...are a great way to make a quilted gift pretty quickly. A quilt is a gift that shows how much you love someone. And everytime they use it, they can feel your love!

I have to add a shout-out to my friend, Melody. My Embroidery machine is in the shop. The touchscreen quit working. Thanks  a lot, Babylock! So she made my name "plate" for me! Having great friends to call on in a pinch is a true blessing!

Happy quilting ya'll!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

2019 In a Flash

Is it already 2020?  How did that happen?  I promise you I did a ton of quilting last year.  I'll post them all below. But first, my husband and I also went on a grand adventure for our 20th anniversary! You'll have to check out those blog posts on my travel site:   https://cynztravelblog.blogspot.com/ Let's see:  the first quilt of the year went to a return customer.  I made her daughter a quilt and she asked me to make her son a tshirt quilt.  He was getting married and had just joined the Air Force.  This turned into a huge quilt.  But she told me to use all of the shirts she gave me. I made some place mats to send to California for Katie.  I used the same color fabrics that I had leftover from her tshirt quilt.  They turned out really cute! I made my nephew a few fun gifts. They met us in Glacier National Park for a week. Did I tell you that my husband and I took an amazing 20th anniversary trip to Glacier National Park in Montana?!  It is a ma
2018 Recap Hey guys!  I'm back!  I know I haven't posted a lot this past year.  But it's been an exciting, hectic few years for us as a family.  I've made several quilts that I'm going to blast through.  As I get older, times flies by so fast!  Not a joke.  So all of you youngsters out there, enjoy each day and don't take it for granted! 1.  The most exciting event is m y youngest son got married to a very sweet young lady, Lily.  Their picture is below.  It was the most beautiful, calm, full of love wedding that I've been to.  We had only close family and a few friends.  Aren't they gorgeous! 2.  My husband and I traveled to Italy for two weeks to see my sister and brother in law.  We had a fabulous time!  Italy is beautiful and overwhelmingly full of history! These are some of the best pictures that we took.  Our favorite city to visit was Florence, Italy by far.  We enjoyed walking and roaming around, people watching, just enjoying each oth

Another member of the family

We all love our kids and want to keep those old baby clothes.  I've made a couple of memory quilts with old kids clothes.  I need to post pictures of the last one I did because I made a huge boo boo.  But my quick thinking husband helped me figure a fix.  That's not what I want to write about now.  I want to write about our pets.  Our other kids that we love.  The ones that don't talk back and actually listen to you. A good friend of mine lost her beloved dog.  He was a great dog and she took him to a lot of shows.  He was her baby.  So she was very, very sad when he passed.  She asked me to make a ribbon quilt out of his old show ribbons. Ribbon quilt?!  What is that?!  I have never heard of that before.  And I've been quilting a LONG time!  So I Pinterest-ed (is that a word???  It is now.) it.  And there are beautiful ribbon quilts out there. She gave me three boxes of ribbons and a few of her favorite pictures.  One box had all of his AKC ribbons for agility in